EasyBCD and UEFI_MBR dual Boot

I have purchased in the past several recovery disks and products from neosmart tech.. and have been very helpful in preventing disasters, as well as solving some. I just recently purchased an 8TB drive from seagate and using Paragon diskcopied the second MBR drive into this one (seagate 8TB), I then coverted it to GPT so I can utilize the entire drive. So now I have one hard drive that is MBR and one that is GPT. I can boot to the MBR drive and see the contents of the GPT drive, but cannot boot to the GPT drive (I had been told it would happen). Does EasyBCD help with making that drive boot up or do I have to reinstall Windows 10 (which is what I had on it before); and if so, would I still have my dual boot like before?

Unfortunately a 8TB drive can only be fully utilized under a pure GPT configuration; the only way Windows will run in GPT mode is if the MBR is blocked off by an EFI/GPT protective header/partition. EasyRE can automatically fix that in most circumstances, but I would not recommend using it on a larger than 2TB drive because there is a known issue with it possibly causing your OS to no longer see the GPT records correctly.

You can manually make sure the MBR is only a protective MBR on the 8TB disk w/ a tool like gdisk or similar.

The main idea is that the information contained on the MBR drive (the disk I am keeping as MBR) has software that is way too complicated for me to go through the hassle of getting them reinstalled and putting licenses and doing the updates. So I do not want to run the risk of having that one be non bootable. The new GPT one that does not boot only contains media for Plex, which I have backed up and can loose; but I would rather not having to do it. Thoughts are greatly appreciated it!

I don't see where to edit my previous post, however, an update is that I went ahead and took the plunge and used EasyBCD. The systems boots correctly, both to the GPT and the MBR drives separately, without having to reinstall anything. Don't know how, but I just updated within EasyBCD the pointers to the appropriate drive letters and the program did the rest. So, thank you all! I will be donating for the program (I always do anyway, especially when I use a function that works). Within the MBR boot I can see both the MBR drive (letter C) and the GPT drive; it correctly shows the 7.xxx TB amount and its contents, as well as being able to edit and add to it and though within the GPT drive (when booted to it), cannot see the MBR drive (almost as if it is hidden), it makes no difference because what I needed was exactly what it does. GREAT!

Back