EasyBCD DISABLES Dual boot PC with XP and Windows 7

JoeJr

I installed Easy BCD, the latest version, onto my PC which has two physical hard drives-one SSD drive with Windows XP Pro and one SSD drive with Windows 7 Home Premium. I selected XP as my "default" drive as I use that OS the most. Initially, I was able to select either XP or 7 from the initial boot menu that EasyBCD placed for viewing when my PC started up.

Then, a few hours later, I was unable to select 7 and the default OS, XP, was highlighted and I was only able to select and boot into XP.

Finally, when XP tried to boot, I received this STOP ERROR message (blue screen) from Windows:

____________________________________________________________________________________

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time that you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK / F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP : 0X0000007B (0XF78D2524, 0Xc0000034, 0X00000000,0X00000000)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Eventually, I removed the XP HDD and tried to boot from Windows 7 ONLY and received this error message:
______________________________________________________________________________________

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2.Choose your language settings and then click "next".
3, Click "repair" your computer.

File \NST\ntldr

Info: the selected entry could not be selected because the application is missing or corrupt.

I suspect that the MBR is corrupt on my PC? I am now unable to boot into either HDD. What might be the repair to allow me to boot into either HDD?

Thank you.

Back