EasyBCD hangs in some seconds after start (Microsoft Intellipoint)

PluS

Hi, All.

EasyBCD hangs in some seconds after start. Almost... :frowning:

The top menu continues to work, however all controls in a window (buttons at the left side of window, etc.) do not react to the keyboard and mouse.

The program is started onWindows XP SP2 (.net 2.0 installed)which is installed onprimary partition (FAT32).
HDD has four primary partitions (FAT32(active), NTFS, NTFS, HFS).

Vista BootLoader it is installed on primary partition, Vista OS is installed on third partition.

Anti-virus protection (KIS 7.0) is switched off.

BCDEDIT output here:

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=C:
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {default}
resumeobject {6395cba1-b3dc-11db-b590-ee3a40bed551}
displayorder {ntldr}
{default}
toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 3

Windows Legacy OS Loader
------------------------
identifier {ntldr}
device partition=C:
path \ntldr
description Earlier version of Windows

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {default}
device partition=I:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Microsoft Windows Vista
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
bootems Yes
osdevice partition=I:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {6395cba1-b3dc-11db-b590-ee3a40bed551}
nx OptIn
sos No

Please HELP!!!

I have not been able to reproduce this bug. What other kinds of apps do you ahve running and have you updated .NET 2.0 at all?

Framework version is 2.0.50727.42 (SP1).

But it's unbelievably, EasyBCD is incompatible with Microsoft IntelliPoint.
When the resident component, ipoint.exe, is loaded, EasyBCD hangs soon after start, as I have described in the first post.

Makiaveli213, thanks for prompting. I hope, you investigate this incompatibility.

IntelliPoint for WinXP 32-bit can be downloaded from here:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-4ca9-85e9-f1f79032663f/IP32Eng6.20.182.0.exe

I will try it out. Not sure if i can reproduce it since i have a Razer mouse with those drivers loaded. But i use a Mircosoft Keybaord with the InteliType Software loaded and i have no issues. But i will downlaod this and see if i can reporduce it.

Strangely. I just tried it and i still could not reproduce it. My EasyBCD still runs even after installing IntelliPoint. So the issue has to be something else.

Hi PluS, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

A while ago we had a member with the same problem, I spent a month trying to figure out what was the cause but never did pin it down.

I know that this can be reproduced by opening EasyBCD and changing windows with TaskSwitchXP (alt+tab w/ the program running) then TaskSwitchXPing back into EasyBCD... i think. (Only works on XP).

TaskSwitchXP changes the active window properties. It should change them back when it switches back to a program, but it doesn't and that's a bug in it.

I'll look into this further, and try to reproduce it when I get home.

I'm having this same problem..or atleast something similar. I'm in XP pro (sp2), trying to edit things for Vista, and it just hangs and I can use the top menus but not the left ones. Task switching produces no effects for me.

Please do
Start -> Run -> CMD.exe
Code:
tasklist.exe > desktop\tasks.txt

Then upload the tasks.txt file from your desktop to here as an attachment.

Thanks.

@PluS
Ohhh! Yes!!! You are absolutely right!! I killed ipoint.exe and easybcd stopped freezing!! Many thanks!!!

Hmmmm.... this seems to be another ZoneAlarm type issue (similar anyway). You got any other .net apps that weren't working properly with ipoint.exe running?

Back