EasyBCD. Is It THIS Easy?

Alejo

Distinguished Member
Looking for Easy BCD? Click here!

being new to all this this should be an easy question for all of you. i have Vista, when i installed it i made two partitions and installed vista to the second partition, to make room for Linux (SUSE) i installed easy BCD (I heard the VistaBootPro was a scam :booyah: ) I notice where to "add Entries" is this really how i add partitions? just type a name and have the drive designated in its box and boom... a new partition ready for another OS?
It cant be this Easy?

Alejo said:
being new to all this this should be an easy question for all of you. i have Vista, when i installed it i made two partitions and installed vista to the second partition, to make room for Linux (SUSE) i installed easy BCD (I heard the Vista BL Pro was a scam :booyah: ) I notice where to "add Entries" is this really how i add partitions? just type a name and have the drive designated in its box and boom... a new partition ready for another OS?
It cant be this Easy?
don't worry, it isn't.

youll need to make a new partition in disk management or something like acronis disk director.

lol @ toxic !!!

@Alejo: The "add partition" bit only adds an entry to the bootloader for an existing partition.
For example, if you already have a Windows partition on drive D:\, but the Vista Bootloader doesn't list it, EasyBCD will add such an entry. But it doesn't create partitions or ready systems for installation.

Just open the Windows Computer Management (CP | Admin Tools | Computer Management), select your Vista partition, right click it, shrink volume.
Right-click the new empty space, format.

You're done :smile:

HA! It is that easy! OK Toxic, so it wasnt AS easy as i thought but still pretty easy. Damn I love this stuff (can i say Damn in the forums?) Well i will be installing SUSE today if any one has any tips please let me know.

Am I a Geek Yet? :lup:

Believe me, if you're a geek, you'll know. We can't decide for you :tongueout:

Yes, you can say 'damn' in the forums...
It's more or less "PG-13" here, so while 'damn' is fine, it's prolly best to leave some words uncompleted... if you catch my drift :wink:

And you'll find that in computers, no one thing is difficult, it's just the way it all comes together and knowing when to do what that's hard, but each step is quite easy if you have someone to guide you through :smile:

Back