EasyBCD tries to boot NST\*.MBR file on UEFI, while it should load .EFI file?

I am trying to boot a ISO in UEFI mode, seem EasyBCD tries to load a .MBR file instead of an .EFI file?

rePRk.png

Any help with this?

Booting the ISO does work in BIOS mode (I edited BOTH the UEFI BCD and the BIOS BCD with EasyBCD by booting first into bios, then add my ISO entries, shutdown, and then boot into uefi,add my ISO entries again, then shutdown. my HDD has a windows to go install which can boot into both bios and uefi)

Last edited:
Microsoft has disabled loading non-Windows entries from the UEFI boot menu, the recommendation is to either stick to MBR for the time being or use the GRUB2-EFI bootloader before the Windows one (instead of vice-versa as EasyBCD configures it).

is it sufficient to download, install and configure the newest GRUB or do I need to download a special version? I can't seem to find any downloads for "GRUB2-EFI" in google.
Also, a nice installation guide for windows users could be handy, I don't want to make my machine unbootable

And what about safe mode? Can I install GRUB2 and still boot int my Windows 8 which has safe mode boot enabled?

Last edited:
Sorry, there is no grub2-EFI, it's just grub2.

It won't boot windows directly, it'll call the windows bootloader and ask it to load Windows. So windows will continue to boot in safe mode the same way it does now - just grub will be there before it to give you the option of loading something else.

Back