EASYBCD VER 2

draman

When I installed easybcd ver 2 in windows xp Home edition on c drive (windows 7 installed in D drive) it is asking to insert Vista cd so as to copy some files. (It is asking only when I want to boot into Winpe option) Can anybody tell me what are the files required for copying from Vista CD. Thanks in advance

I raan into that myself, yesterday morning, draman. I didn't have the DVD handy, so I installed the EasyBCD in Windows 7. Works great, now. I had to do a little tinkering but I'm Tri-Boot with XP/7/Ubuntu, and honestly quirks were all in the Linux end. the XP/7 relationship is fine.

Apparently 7 has the same-enough bootloader to Vista, hence my not needing to add the file, where youre XP "needed" it.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Tks. Can you tell me where does it stores boot.sdi file. i.e in which partition and location so that i can manually place there.

Tks. Its very useful tool to boot winpe. Now I have one question. When you add a winpe entry, the default name given is "NST WinPE Image". Whether one can change that name. Even if i try to change , the changes are saved but during reboot in the menu there is no change at all. How to save it permanently. Tks in advance.

Tks. Its very useful tool to boot winpe. Now I have one question. When you add a winpe entry, the default name given is "NST WinPE Image". Whether one can change that name. Even if i try to change , the changes are saved but during reboot in the menu there is no change at all. How to save it permanently. Tks in advance.
You should be able to rename the entry in the Change Settings section of EasyBCD. Then just remember to hit the Save button afterwards, so the changes are saved. :wink:

If not open an elevated command prompt. Use "bcdedit" to list the entries. Get the {xxx-...} identifier for the entry that you want to change the name for. Then use:

bcdedit /set {xxx-...} description "Place whatever you want to call the entry here"

Back