EasyBCD Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

was

This is my 2nd posting on this subject - 1st posting not posted for some reason.

When starting EasyBCD 2.4, I get the attached text and the app then freezes. Can only be stopped using Task Manager.

Using W10 Pro. Any ideas as to how to fix?

Andrew

Attachments

• EasyBCD.jpg
    EasyBCD.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 18
Well, it's for commercial use. Anyway, it doesn't work on my main PC so I'll go for a refund. Thanks for your help.

Well, I fixed the problem (and an inability to upgrade W10 to version 1903 because the installed upgrade would never restart) by manually rebuilding the corrupted BCD using Bootrec.exe (and Google!). However, looking at the attachment I posted with more knowledgeable eyes now, I would have thought this solution would have been an obvious one which would have been suggested by an EasyBCD support person straight away- if one had been available! That would have saved me a fair bit of time!

Well I'm not too knowledgeable of what goes on inside software but I have read here many times that you install EasyBCD on a Windows partition as a user with Admintrative rights & usuallly one can let it populate itself with entries but that depends a lot on whether or not that partition/system can see the other drives and see them all lettered. EasyBCD basically is only a tool to read a little more into Windows own BCD that you can using Disk Management (in Administrative Tools) and then restart that system.
Edit: also you should turn off Fast Startup: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Last edited:
Well, Fast Startup was turned off so that wasn't the problem. Anyway, rebuilding the BCD fixed the issue and now EasyBCD and the Windows Updates all work normally - problem solved. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back