EasyRE does not load: FreeBSD fails to boot, and cycles trying to boot again

rspooner

<<I have emailed this to easyRE@neosmart.net as well>>

I am using EasyRE on a USB stick created using Easy USB Creator Lite against a just-purchased EasyRE Win 10 ISO on a Win 10 system (Samsung ATIV Book 9 laptop) a second time. After GRUB brings up the Easy RE menu (non-VGA or VGA choices) and a choice made, the FreeBSD boot displays seven or so lines, then reboots, and the cycle is repeated.

The first time I used EasyRE, the program loaded correctly. I used Automated Repair. The repair appeared to complete successfully. I changed boot settings and tried booting into Windows. It reported a 0xc000014c configuration error. I reset the boot settings and booted into the two-choice EasyRE menu again. However, selecting either choice started the boot, but would not load the program. From the boot messages which scroll by very fast, I think about seven lines appear (possibly containing KBD..., KBD..., BOOT..., Copyright..., freeBSD..., freeBSD..., freeBSD clang version 6.0.1...), then the system reboots to the EasyRE non-VGA/VGA menu choice, and the cycle repeats.

I have recreated the EasyRE software in the USB stick using Easy USB Creator Lite and tried that, but the scenario above repeats. The computer will successfully boot from a Win 10 install USB stick, and I can access the hard drive in that environment. A chkdsk /r does not report errors. diskpart sees disks, volumes and partitions.

How can I get EasyRE to initialize properly?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Richard Spooner

FWIW, the EasyRE USB stick boots into EasyRE on another Win 10 laptop (Lenovo T450s) without a problem.

i paid for technician version and i have purchased all other individual versions as well and i have the same issue , any laptop or workstation that is UEFI , easyRE will not boot from usb, the ISO that we download is not UEFI enabled properly. i have sent multiple emails to easyRE support regarding this and after spending over $500 on these useless iso , there is still no solution.

Apply for a refund using the same address easyre@neosmart.net meanwhile I will call the owner and ask if there is a problem. Check your email Junk/Spam folders and if you are using Gmail log into it on the website at gmail.com and check the same folders there. If you are using an ISP email check their online folders in the same manner.

thanks for response , i tried to email them , they told me it should boot using legacy mode but can repair uefi
however even in legacy mode it does not boot , it will just keep rebooting after flashing a few lines of code on the black grub loader screen

after i told them that , they never responded back to me , and have ignored my refund request , its a great product and its worth the money if it works but here basically stealing from people. and the funny thing is , only the tech version doesnt work , the individual versions of win7pro / win10pro boot in legacy mode , only the tech version does not.

There's a bug that we've identified in the latest release which upgraded the live CD FreeBSD kernel ostensibly to improve hardware support merged in an upstream regression that affected a certain class of Intel chipsets and caused a hard reboot cycle immediately after the live cd kernel was loaded. There's no conspiracy with the technician's edition not working - my guess is that you have the old version of the Windows 7/10 repair CDs and the newest version of the Technician's Edition that contains this bug. We have a beta copy that I can send you to test out, if you like. Just send me a PM with your email address.

There's a bug that we've identified in the latest release which upgraded the live CD FreeBSD kernel ostensibly to improve hardware support merged in an upstream regression that affected a certain class of Intel chipsets and caused a hard reboot cycle immediately after the live cd kernel was loaded. There's no conspiracy with the technician's edition not working - my guess is that you have the old version of the Windows 7/10 repair CDs and the newest version of the Technician's Edition that contains this bug. We have a beta copy that I can send you to test out, if you like. Just send me a PM with your email address.

awsome thank you , i have sent you a message privately for the link to download the beta

Back