Error 0xc000000f

Manomay B

Hi. I have a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Windows 8. I had used Easy BCD for skipping the boot menu. Then I tried to install Windows 7 over Windows 8 and besides Windows 10. The Windows 7 setup failed to install Windows 7 and when I rebooted my computer it shows me error 0xc000000f. How to resolve this as I do not have Windows installation disk as well as another computer. Now how can I access windows 8 ? How can I increase the boot menu time ? I can't boot into Windows . Thank you in advance.

Good day. That error usually means it can't find the BCD file. First off you can't install a lower version of Windows over a higher version. Only the other way round. To upgrade Windows 8 you'd need a Windows 10 disk, then there is a way to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 is still a free upgrade. So if your machine wont boot. Try on another machine to follow this Tutorial: Download Windows 10 ISO File
Upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8: Download Windows 10

This will cure the lost BCD files.

Sorry, I meant to include this link: Upgrade to Windows 10

U
Good day. That error usually means it can't find the BCD file. First off you can't install a lower version of Windows over a higher version. Only the other way round. To upgrade Windows 8 you'd need a Windows 10 disk, then there is a way to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 is still a free upgrade. So if your machine wont boot. Try on another machine to follow this Tutorial: Download Windows 10 ISO File
Upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8: Download Windows 10

This will cure the lost BCD files.

Sorry, I meant to include this link: Upgrade to Windows 10
Thank you but I don't have another PC with me

Have you tried booting to Windows 10 in Safe Mode by pressing F8 repeatedly during boot-up?
In there you could call up Easy BCD and goi into BCD Backup & Repair and repair the BCD., For these to work properly you must didsable Fasy Startup in Control Panel > Power Options.

How can I go into safe mode as windows logo is not showing....
Because the error description is showing that /Boot/BCD is "missing"

I bought the program to fix this error - download, create usb, run it - does nothing! Will not fix the issue and still gives
the error. What a waste of $40!

I just gave you the links to FREE Windows 10 ISO download - you'll need another Windows PC to make the disk.

Back