Error Dual Booting Linux

Hi,

I had Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) installed on my computer and decided to also run Windows 7.

I installed Windows 7, then installed EasyBCD. I followed the instructions here http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Linux Under Linux before Vista Method #1.

When I restarted and tried to boot Linux, the following error appeared:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \NST\nst_grub.mbr

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
My options were press enter to go back to the OS selector or press escape to reboot.

Then when I tried to start Windows 7, it told me to do an automatic system repair. I did this, restarted, went back to windows 7, and was again told to do a system repair. I told it to boot normally anyway and it booted fine.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get Linux to work?

Thanks so much!

Hi Moose, welcome to NST.
Make sure you're using EasyBCD 2.0 latest build. (Grub syntax changed after Ubuntu 8.04 and is not supported in Easy1.7)
Delete the Linux entry.
Add it again, tick the "grub isn't ....." box if the Linux and W7 systems are on different HDDs, leave the box unticked if they share the same HDD.

Hi Moose, welcome to NST.
Make sure you're using EasyBCD 2.0 latest build. (Grub syntax changed after Ubuntu 8.04 and is not supported in Easy1.7)
Delete the Linux entry.
Add it again, tick the "grub isn't ....." box if the Linux and W7 systems are on different HDDs, leave the box unticked if they share the same HDD.

Thanks! Worked like a charm (so well in fact that I forgot to post that it worked).

:grinning:

On the "No news.........." priciple, I assumed you were OK now.
Glad that it is so.

Back