exit procedure

I assume you have EasyBCD installed in a Windows OS on another partition? Call up EasyBCD and in the "Edit Boot Menu" section, delete the Ubuntu OS and any entries connected with it. Then re-add Ubuntu to it being carehul to state the correct drive letter for it (as seen from Windows).
Other than that I can't offer any suggestion as I don't have Linux installed.

I'm running on a desktop PC with windows 10, no linux either. Easy BCD is on a USB. The exit command throws me into some sort of loop from which I can't escape without powering down.

I run EasyBCD from a shared HDD where it sits in a folder with other portable and legacy programs. I haven't tried running it from a USB stick, so have no experience of any such problem, but you could try it on a different stick to see if it's the particular h/w that's giving a problem.
I only mention it because this week, my PC seemed to be completely borked and unresponsive and it all came down to one old 8Gb stick with music files on it which was screwing the entire PC.
God knows what had happened to it, but even attempts to reformat it crashed the PC.
It's now gone for recycling.

Back