Expression Web 2

Kahai

Distinguished Member
So i downloaded Expression Web 2 (through the MS Alliance <3)

i havent really ever used a program to make html files, all the ones i have made have been hand typed lol

So is it good??? :nerd:

Nothing beats hand-coding HTML & CSS.

It all depends on what you want, try it and see for yourself how you like it or not.

(havent tried it yet, got my hands on apophysis 3d, so yeah, no time for html lol)

the only problem i have with hand writing it, is i dont know everything html, so i was thinking an html program would help ^__^

okaydokay ill try it some later

The problem with WYSIWYG editors is they tend to throw in a lotta extra coding so it makes it a little harder to track down code you need to manually work with as the files increase in size. Don't believe me? Try just designing a page without writing a line of code and view its source. Any Office product for sure is bad for this. And don't ever use them either. Had designed an entire page in Publsiher before and things simple as hyperlinks on pages only worked in IE and never in Firefox.

I've used Word, Publisher, Dreamweaver, and Front Page and don't get me wrong, I like applications like these because they do make it pretty simple to design a page, but CG's right. Unless you have a specific need for a feature, you'll need to do much of the coding yourself if you want absolute control over how it works.

the only problem i have with hand writing it, is i dont know everything html, so i was thinking an html program would help ^__^

I'm personally learning how to code in html on the side myself using w3schools.com. It is a good site with tutorials on web devlopment/scripting and they even offer certifications if you want to take it on as a potential career.

Last edited:
yeah i know, ive been on w3 before

and i have noticed that it adds things, and yes for the most part it is a convience program, and if i want a basic editor, i know notepad ++ is pretty much the best (i like it ^__^ )

Back