Extreme mess with EasyBCD.

Have you put something in EasyBCD > Options > "Automatically load..." ? (if so get rid of it)

Indeed, there's an entry pointing to E drive. I don't remember putting it there.... If I remove it, will I get into my Win 7, at least? I'm kinda scared to change settings in EasyBCD now...

Automatically load....JPG

The DM screenshot shows that the BCD in use is in E:\boot (system flag)
Point EasyBCD to that.
How? Via File - Select BCD Store? I've tried that before but been always getting an access denied error.... Was that because of the "Automatically load..." entry entered? Should I be able to select any BCD Store once I remove that auto load entry?

Your access denied was to E:\Windows\boot not E:\boot
Get rid of the auto load. That's why EasyBCD is not able to function properly

Get rid of the auto load. That's why EasyBCD is not able to function properly
That did not help. As soon as I deselect that option, I get an error something about "unable to select BCD" or "access denied" ... and it opens the file browser asking me to point to a BCD. Whatever store I select - that store gets entered into "Automatically Load the Following BCD at start" . Some BCDs it does let me enter, for some it gives that access error, but that BCD gets entered into "Automatically Load the Following BCD at start" regardless. In some BCDs I get all entries winload.exe. In others - some entries are ".exe", other ones are ".efi"...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 1
Untick the box
point at E:\boot|BCD
I did that. Windows 10 systems still aren't booting. When I open EasyBCD next time, I get this message (Boot Configuration Store Can't be opened). I manually select E:\boot\BCD - then get another message about EFI mode. BCD loads, "Automatically Load" box gets ticked with E:\boot\BCD.
I tried to "Recreate/repair boot files" - no results: both Win 10 don't load....

Please help.

Please advice...

Why won't it let me open BCD at E:\boot\BCD? I unticked auto load!

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
Not knowing how this all works and trying to get rid of multiple duplicate (or so I thought) BCD files, I deleted 3 small hidden partitions next to a Win 7 and Win 10 via Minitool Partition Wizard.
UEFI installations of Windows create many extra hidden partitions for recovery purposes (one even hidden from Disk Management)
It doesn't do it for fun and "cleaning them up" because you don't know what Windows is doing with them is a recipe for disaster.
Going back to your OP and my reply, I think you've screwed your PC by removing vital UEFI boot resources.
If you've got backups from before you started blindly experimenting, now's the time to go back and undo the damage.

I do have Marcum backups which include those small partitions. I tried to restore the small partition that is part of the Win 10 partition, and that didn't help. Should that have helped, or both the actual AND small boot partitions must be restored?

I haven't tried restoring the small partition attracted to Win 7 (C drive) yet.

But the fact of deleting those partitions was a results of lost boot anyway. First I lost the ability to boot, then tried to delete what I thought to be duplicate BCDs...

And should I be able to access BCDs on other drives? Why am I getting the permission errors in EasyBCD when trying to edit those?

Back