Fail to start Easybcd after installation : (0xc0000007b)

Hi,

Im running Windows 7 64bits on acer icore 5 and for no reason, easybcd wont start: error message box says: "can't start (0xc0000007b)". Im running easybcd on win XP like a charm....

Any hint for the start up error on my config?

Thanks for your help,
Hellohello

Nope. This is a virus. Get your computer scanned with the free Microsoft Security Essentials.

I did already and it did not find anything... it is apparently during the installation that something but it does not say what.... cause it installs and when i want to run it... it fails on the described error

Does it have anything to do with AHCI drivers? I have the 0007b problème on booting XP on my PC if I dont swith to IDE in the BIOS... Unfortunately, i cant start windows 7 using IDE.... it fails with a blue splash screen with another error message...

THnaks for help,
Hellohello.

I did already and it did not find anything... it is apparently during the installation that something but it does not say what.... cause it installs and when i want to run it... it fails on the described error
Do you have .Net Framework installed in W7?
Does it have anything to do with AHCI drivers? I have the 0007b problème on booting XP on my PC if I dont swith to IDE in the BIOS... Unfortunately, i cant start windows 7 using IDE.... it fails with a blue splash screen with another error message...

THnaks for help,
Hellohello.
No, I don't think AHCI/IDE modes in the BIOS has anything to do with it. I had that problem myself a while back, btw. The way I got rid of it, so I could boot both in AHCI mode, was I installed the Intel Matrix Storage Manager made for my model (a Dell Studio 1535 laptop) in XP.

.NET 2.0 SP2 comes by default with Windows 7. No need to install it.

My friend had this exact issue - the .NET framework is disabled and apps failed to load, even when run from the debugger in Visual Studio. Scanning for viruses fixed the issue. Perhaps there is some residual damage from an old virus or something.

This particular errors means unable to load the .NET executable because .NET is disabled/not found.

.NET 2.0 SP2 comes by default with Windows 7. No need to install it.

My friend had this exact issue - the .NET framework is disabled and apps failed to load, even when run from the debugger in Visual Studio. Scanning for viruses fixed the issue. Perhaps there is some residual damage from an old virus or something.

This particular errors means unable to load the .NET executable because .NET is disabled/not found.
Yeah, I figured it had something to do with .Net.
I thought maybe the virus deleted it completely, or something.
At the very least, its corrupted for sure.

I had this same error. If you have Zonealarm or any other Zonelabs product installed. Uninstall them and easybcd works fine. After your done with your edits reinstall Zonealarm and everything works fine.

Thanks Norm.
You've reminded me, we did have exactly this problem some time ago with another Zonealarm user.
I'd completely forgotten.

Try using the free online version. The one you have installed could easily be compromised itself. So it reports that it has the latest definitions and that your are clean but truly are not. AVG has had some issues with definition updates recently.

Could also scan with MBAM.

I found the same problem.
The code is: 0xc0000135

No virus, fresh install (XP SP3, Hungarian lang.) VirtualBox.
I found the same problem under a native XP SP3 on Intel Atom PC.

.Net haven't installed, yet.

TIA,

Back