Fedora 18 + Windows 7 - try(hd0,0): EXT2 and Missing MBR helper

patho

Hello,

I've got this problem and I'm getting sick of search for awnsers because I'm not finding anything useful, so here goes..

I first install Windows 7, and made space for Fedora 18. Then I install Fedora 18 and booted into it and installed grub.

After that, I booted into Windows 7, installed EasyBCD. I added a new entry for Fedora 18, using GRUB2 -> saved -> Write MBR -> saved.
On the reboot the bootloader meny doesn't show up at all, so i added Fedora 18 without writing MBR and then I get to chooes between Fedora 18 and Windows 7 in the bootloader menu.
When I choose Fedora 18 it just prints the text try(hd0,0): EXT2: and stops there.

This is how my enteries looks like:
Code:
There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7 Professional (recovered) 
Timeout: 10 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7 Professional (recovered) 
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Fedora 18
BCD ID: {9dc155c9-a5af-11e2-aa6f-e826a9f4fd8e}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub7.mbr

When I check the .mbr files in C:\NST, which isn't meant to be viewed in Notepad I'd guess since there's alot of wierd characters, this is the parts that i can read of it:
Code:
Missing MBR-helper.
disk error No ANG7
Press space bar 
Press   to start GRUB, any other key to boot previous MBR ...  to boot previous MBR, any other key to start GRUB ... 
Timeout:      
Invalid previous MBR. Press any key to start GRUB ...  to hold the screen, any other key to boot previous MBR ... 
Error while reading MBR of   in partition table of drive (hd0 )  
Error 
Cannot find   in all drives. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. 
Try (hd0,0 ) :  EXT2:  NTFS5:  FAT32:  FAT16:  FAT12:  non-MS: skip  Extended:  invalid or null
BIOS: Drive=0x%X, H=%d, S=%d
 TUNE: Drive=0x%X, H=%d, S=%d
 f

Now please help! I'm stuck here. Is there anything else you need to know?

Back