Fedora

seinman

Hi all. I have been playing around with EasyBCD for a couple of weeks now with no success. I am trying to dual boot Windows Vista with Linux while using Windows boot manager. I have 2 sata hard drives, the main one for windows and the other for linux. I also have a 40GB pata drive which is currently empty.

In windows computer management under disk management my configuration looks like this:
Disk0 SATA - (Windiws) Partitions: C 73GB, F 97GB, G 48GB, 78GB Unallocated
Disk1 PATA - 30GB Unallocated
Disk2 SATA - (Linux) 102MB (Active Primary Partition), 148GB (Primary Partition)

Anyway my problem is this, I followed the instructions adding Linux to the Vista bootloader, and installed GRUB to the BOOTSECTOR and not the MBR of the Linux drive. That 102MB was created by the Linux installer, but should be empty. GRUB is installed to the Bootsector. I went back into Vista and ran EasyBCD to add Linux to the Vista bootloader by going under Add/Remove entries and adding GRUB with Hard drive 2 and partition 2 as the bootsector. When I attempted to reboot, and choose Linux, it displays GRUB in the top left corner and will go no further. I have tried reinstalling putting the bootsector on the MBR of the linux disk, however when I choose linux from the bootmenu it shows a cursor in the top left and goes no further. If I change the BIOS to boot to the linux disk I get the GRUB menu and can boot into linux without any problems.

I have noticed a few people have had the same problem with GRUB displaying in the top left, but I was unable to determine how they resolved it.

Here is the detailed view from EasyBCD:

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=C:
default {current}
displayorder {current}
{ntldr}
timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {e0e66156-dd7d-11db-90fe-806e6f6e6963}

Windows Legacy OS Loader
------------------------
identifier {ntldr}
device partition=C:
path \NST\nst_grub.mbr
description Fedora Core 6

Any help or suggestions with this is more than appreciated.

Back