Firefox 3.0 Beta

This is the first time i have seen that even the NTT doesnt work. I mean it is called the Nightly Testers Tools right? So why wouldnt they have it updated to work on this build? If they update nightly and all....

^

actually i know about that

my friend the one that showed me FF3 had to hack his FF config to allow no compatibility to be checked, and then had NTT turn off its own compatibility check lol

I have seen some Beta Extensions that are working. Available at the Mozilla Development page. But iw ill wait till NTT and the others are made to work with it. Firefox 3 seems to be a bit better. Still dont like how they do teh whole Favorites thing though. Just a personal beef. :wink:

Well i tried Firefox and here's what i think:
-Downloads i think opera's way is nicer and if im not mistaken faster
-Speed Opera is faster but firefox lets u see the whole page ( i didnt even know the forums had spelling corrections until i used firefox)
- Bookmarks i didnt see much of a difference (sorry Mak) but then i again i imported the settings from Opera so it may be the same
-I miss speed dial ;(

Yesterday, power went on and Firefox was running, and when power came back on, I've lost all my bookmarks. It made me reinstall firefox, I've downloaded Beta 3, and thats the only Firefox I have right now, it crashed only once which I can forgive. So, it better works! Its only thing I have installed right now! :angry:

^ @Ronin

idk but doesnt Opera have a built in dictionary/spell checker?

i love FF for having spell checking ^_^

Thats it, Beta 3 crashed for 4 more times and I uninstalled it, back to FireFox 2 :smile:

But nice, interesting new interface and little thingys. But I hate it for losing my bookmarks! :angry:

I really don't like the new interface... it's way too "trying to be hip" for my taste - they tried too hard to get rid of their old, clunky interface and ended up with something worse, IMHO.

It's too much of a rip off of IE7's style (esp. the forward/back icons and their sizes, etc.) but it's not with as good of a taste.

This about sums up my feeling: Microsoft Watch - Web Services & Browser - Firefox 3 B3: Lots of Fire, Not Enough Fox

just a question, whenever i do a google search with firefox im rerouted to the japan google. IE7 works fine, anyone know any settings i can change to make google open in english always???

just a question, whenever i do a google search with firefox im rerouted to the japan google. IE7 works fine, anyone know any settings i can change to make google open in english always???
Go to this link once:
Google

I use it to stop it from opening in Arabic.

no good. One clear private data/ CCleaner. and its back to japan. though i dont know why since im in Saudi Arabia.

You need to mark the google.com cookie as "safe" in CCleaner.

Visiting /ncr on google.com creates a cookie that tells Google not to send you to the non-English-USA page.

since as i already took the liberty of reporting that my internet explorer isn't working im ussing firefox 3 beta3 for the first time and its turning out pretty good i may not have to fix ie

Well you can uninstall IE8. But you should have read the topic on IE8 first. I had posted everything you were complaining about already in there and that it wasnt for people who are not hard core beta testers.

Guess my post was wasted as it wasnt read by those who should read it....

Back