Firefox 3.0 Beta

no really i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings i just didn't notice your post but is there a way to open my hotmail from the msn toolbar using firefox or another server instead of internet explorer

No my feelings were not hurt. It is just you could have avoinded the disappointment by reading what was already there. Being someone who does a lot of online support i know how many users feel when it comes to their browsers. I knew that after instaling IE8 it would not be for many people. Just as i knew Firefox 3 would be left behind by many casual users as it doesnt have full Extension support yet.

I do these things to help others. I place my machine on the line so that others wont. :wink: I format at least once a month for installing some kind of software that ends up crashing my machine. But i dont care as i know the information i can provide is going to be used in a positive manner. To me that is why i do it.

If even only 1 person gets anything out of the damage i do to my machine that is more than enough for me.

Alex, we're the perfect pair !
I spend a great deal of effort not b*gg*r*ng my system by looking for someone online who's already found the bugs and glitches.
Thanks a lot.

Glad to be of service Terry. :smile:

Make matters even worse. I do all this to my main machine. Not a test rig. :tongueout:

If feel as if the stuff should be tested on a machine that is used daily to see real results not results from a machine that is only used for testing purposes. At that point who knows how the software will react to other apps that someone might have installed or how it will react after some physical abuse.

But that is just my personal opinion. I know that many people who test Betas are gonna read that and go "Wha?" cause it is crazy to do it this way. But i feel it gives a more accurate fell to the test then to know how it will react in real world situations.

Maybe my attitude will relax a little now I have the benefit of a 6.9Mb/s connection.

My previous paranoia about not having to go back to square one with a reinstall, was predicated on the knowledge that a 24 hour WUD session would have to follow a 15 minute install.

Just too painful to contemplate, hence my arrival here last year in search of a way of protecting my vital system restore points from XP's clutches.

Now in theory, I could be up and running on a fresh install in an hour or two, so not such a frightening prospect, but it'll take a while to lose the cautious approach !

we thank you for your contribution to the world of computers and software our thoughts and prayers are with your computer and hard drive its probably going to get permanant brain damage from constant formatting but thats why your a moderator and were not thanks alex

Alright i got a few beefs with Firefox 3 beta 4. I want some advice on this. Where is the Firefox geek at???

So why is it that

1. I get cursor marks all over my reply boxes?
2. I have the extension New tab button on Tab Bar but it doesnt work. Even with Nightly Tester Tools working...
3. Why are my Tabs all screwy?? The first one is normal size. The rest are only the size of a favicon. Why???

Any advice on how i can fix this?

Screenshot:

well

can i say one thing and be done with it, its Beta, as in not perfect, dont tell us about what is happening with the browser, tell the developers.

(you can kill me at anytime for being a prick lol)

Create a new profile (just clear the mozilla folder in the documents and settings) and the problems should go away. bit drastic , though.

I seem to have a similar problem.
When i start typing the cursor thing (the blinking line) gets stuck on the screen.
Probably because its Beta but i can live with it.

Create a new profile (just clear the mozilla folder in the documents and settings) and the problems should go away. bit drastic , though.
As much as that idea sucked to reaload everything. It worked. Wasnt to bad to reload all the extensions though. Had a issue with the ones that were not compatible but thank goodness that NTT finally works.

At least it cleared the Tab Issue. Not the extra lines in the post reply box.:grinning:

Funny I found the exact opposite article...

Speed Test: Firefox 3 vs. IE 8 vs Opera 9.5

The most astonishing values are two page loading times of Firefox 3. It tool 13.17 seconds to load Digg while Opera needed 5.59 seconds and Internet Explorer 8 only 5.28 seconds. The second huge difference was encountered on Facebook where Opera 9.5 was the fastest browser with a loading time of 1.95 seconds.
Internet Explorer 8 followed with 2.83 seconds and Firefox 3 needed 22.60 seconds to load the page. Firefox on the other hand was the fastest browser when loading my site with 1.9 seconds followed by Opera with 2.38 and Internet Explorer with 4.83 seconds.
The same can be said for the loading time of CNN where Firefox needed 2.94 seocnds, Opera 3.38 seconds and Internet Explorer 8 4.58 seconds.

It seems that Firefox 3 cant load Facebook or Digg easily as it takes longer than both IE8 and Opera 9.50 Beta.

Just a question. Is it just me or does Opera have better ad blocking than Firefox?
Ever since i switched to Firefox more ads seem to open by themselves. (in other windows/tabs, or others where they come instead of the page you're viewing and you have the choice to skip them)
Does anyone know who's ad blocking is better?

Just a question. Is it just me or does Opera have better ad blocking than Firefox?
Ever since i switched to Firefox more ads seem to open by themselves. (in other windows/tabs, or others where they come instead of the page you're viewing and you have the choice to skip them)

Maybe there are too many "trusting sites" but that refers to when a site wants to do something on your computer. Hmm... I dont know, I don't have problems with pop-ups (2.0.0.12).

Maxthon. - That's why I started using it years ago because others were letting too much through.

Opera uses the urlfilter.ini file which you add the files to manually. So yeah it will have a great pop up blocker. While Firefox relies on Ad Blocker and Ad Block Plus. But you can control that as well. If there is a Image just right click on it and Ad Block should allow you to block it. Or you ca create a filter for it as well.

No offense Ron!n but i did that with your DanaSoft image. I dont care for them. So i used Ad Block to get rid fo it. That is how Firefox works. That is why it seems Opera is more up to date cause you have to constantly work on it to keep it up to date. I know i do. :wink:

Back