FixBoot error message

Linkster

First of all, I want to say "thank you" for sending me an updated Recovery Disk. I was able to launch the recovery environment to fix the boot sector, however, a new issue arose. I first used the switch "/FixMbr", which indicated it completed successfully. However, the problem was not resolved and Vista continued to hang up after the initial Logo screen and before the Login screen. Using the program again I used the "FixBoot" switch. This time, the following error message appeared: "The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted." I hesitate to use the remaining switches because I don't know what will result or whether I will really foul things up. I would note a couple other things. First, I can sometimes get to the Login screen through F8, use "last known good configuration". Second, I do not, of course, have Vista installation discs as Vista was preloaded. Thank you for any help you can provide in this regard.

Back