Fixed compressed bootmgr but stuck on blue screen

DannyP

Repair disc for windows and EBCD tool ,and fixed my compressed bootmgr , but now it loads to a bluescreen after saying preparing your desktop , Ican only see anythingthrough task mgr ,and comd prompt denies access to everything i try to run. commands, and any programs or services say acess denied , like the permissions are all screwedup?? help please

High Speed System Recovery Disc Downloads

Tech Support

If you're having problems downloading your recovery CD, the following links should prove helpful:

Repairing the Bootloader: A guide to booting into and using the Windows repair CDs, with instructions on how to repair many problems.
Free Download Manager: Use this if you're experiencing problems with incomplete downloads, download timeouts, or download corruption.
Guide to burning CDs: Follow the instructions here to convert the ISO image you download from here into a bootable CD that can be used to repair your PC.
If you're still having problems downloading, burning, or booting, you should send an email to support@systemdiscs.com.

Sounds like your boot problem was caused by a virus. Fixing the boot issue got you into windows, but your virus is still on effect.

Cant do anything but start Task Mgr . Local Disk "D" , the files and programs I can actually get to through task mgr cant even run , because the path in this case "C" is no where to be found . Ive ran tests on both hard drive partitions and it says they are fine . Im beginning to agree with Mr. Guru , that a virus was unleashed . I have no Admin priv. and Im the only one that uses it . Everything is read only , and cant change anything . I have ordered re-install disks which I hope will get me somewhere . I have found a Notepad log from the day it all happened showing something ran , and disabled admin account(mine), removed credentials , disabled guest account . and more . Very few services are running , cant start any either . Its weird because all my stuff and files are there , but I can do anything with them , because they have no path being on D local disk . Any support or input would be appreciated greatly . I also tried cmd from task manager . No dice without my Admin status . Cant right click it or anything . Will not load restore , F8 ,F11 , ETC . Trying to fig out how I can boot a good Virus removal program from Flash drive .

Last edited:
i cant get admin access of any kind any how ive tried , EASYBCD windos recovery is all have to work with and im learning some on there . Cant see root files , and have show hidden files checked ,all i get when i click anything that will help its access denied , there is a modified folder in $RECYCLE.BIN when this started in my FACTORY_IMAGE that has programs files x86 in it. if that means anything I have no clue , i clickit and it goes to HP and HP software and then nothing . waiting on my cd/dvd drive to come and I my 3 hp Vista reinstall disks , is that my best option to try next ? thanks

Back