Friend's Hard-drive formatted

I used an original disc and it worked, I did all the steps, and my friend's hard-drive is detectable. Only one problem. The XP installation always fails:
You can't install XP with the UBCD4Win CD. :wink: It is meant to be booted from, and used to recover the OS, with the many tools included in the build. If you want to reinstall XP, then use the original XP disk to do it, not the UBCD4Win CD. Only the files necessary to run UBCD4Win are copied by the builder from the XP CD, and that doesn't include the installation files for XP.

I would recommend first using the recovery tools on the UBCD4Win CD before attempting to reinstall XP. That last time you tried to install XP, was it to a formatted partition, or free space? I don't think it would work if you tried to install XP to the old install's partition.

I would recommend first using the recovery tools on the UBCD4Win CD before attempting to reinstall XP. That last time you tried to install XP, was it to a formatted partition, or free space? I don't think it would work if you tried to install XP to the old install's partition.
I delete/format the partition everytime XP fails.

What the hell is wrong with that stupid cheap dell CD player? I'm going insane. :shame:

There's a utility in UBCD4Win known as XPSetup. If the disc drive works fine to boot UBCD4Win copy XPs files to a flash drive and use that inside UBCD4Win for installing XP.

Back