Function key is not responding

I was using the software for the first time and I manage to understand how it enabled the option of to boot on startup and proceed with the given guidelines, now before we go to the result first I will briefly introduce you about my problem.

I had a working windows 7 operating system but I recently came to a decision that windows 10 is now much more better in performance and security compared to windows 7. So I must upgrad to windows 10. But I was not sure if my laptop would support windows 10 or not as it is a piece of 2012. So instead of uninstalling windows 7 I choose to install windows 10 and use both the operating system at my convenience. Some of my functions are only available in windows 7 mode ( you might be aware that Lenovo offers some specific hotkeys which can be used to turn on and off Wi-Fi, bluetooth, screen light and the volume control with a software called Lenovo power management) which are generally different from other manufacturers. I installed windows 10 and it work it was working quite good and installed almost all the the drivers by itself and operating good but the Bluetooth was not working as I forgot to enable it windows 7 (wierd conditions).
but when I restarted my PC I didn't get any option to select the operating system and the PC started in windows 10. I tried several times but the same thing happened so I googled for the solution and I came to know about your application. I came to it as it was very reliable and most of people have shown positive response about the use of this software. so I installed it and opened the setting and selected the bootloader for windows 7 which was under the folder path : windows.old\windows\system 32\bootloader.exe. I became overconfident about my mastery on this software and thought what setting I had made will work perfectly. so I selected the new boot loader as my default path and restarted the PC. Just then I got the problem stuck to it. The problem is now it is not starting as was desired and showing an error page which you will find in the attachment. Now, I know how to repair the windows system with any windows recovery cd or any bootable USB drive. But here comes the greatest problem for me, my BIOS does not open by any function key on windows 10. Any function key is not responding and the windows start on BIOS page and stopping on the same page as in attachment. All the buttons like F2, F8 and F12 are not working. When I connect any USB drive the system does not show any response. I am stuck now on this with the problems of windows 10 not opening and the BIOS is not responding. Please help me to get rid from this situation.

Thank you in advance have a good day.

Laptop: Lenovo G 570
Os Windows 7 and 10
Processor Intel i5 2nd gen, 2.3 GHz
Ram 12 GB corsair
HDD 500 GB Samsung
Graphics Windows HD 3000 Series

--
Ramanuj Patel

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_230716416_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20200714_230716416_HDR~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
I don't have a Lenovo laptop, but their support pages suggest that holding down "enter" duriing power-up should take you to an interrupt menu which will give you the options you need.
Your problem was caused by pointing to the Windows.old folder, That's a system restore file for fallback from W10, not a bootable resource. Best not make anything "default" before you've verified it's actually what you want (and works).

Dear Terry60,
first of all thank you for listening to me. I tried as you suggested. But unfortunately it didn't work. If I press any key (Including Enter Key) the system just makes 'too... too... too..." sound until I release the button and the same screen appears every time as I have attached above.
I tried a different thing, removed the HDD and attached it to my PC with a SATA cable. Then uninstalled the EasyBCD software. I was something sure that the system will not search for the boot file as the app is missing. But no luck to me as the same location is popping in error page. I just want to know if I delete the windows.old folder form the HDD attaching it as I mentioned earlier, is there any chance the system will work?
Thanks in advance.

EasyBCD is not a boot manager. It doesn't replace the MS bootmgr, merely helps you manage the MS bootmgr's BCD store via GUI rather than using the clunky command line utility (bcdedit) provided by Windows.
Uninstalling EasyBCD won't change anything, nor will reinstalling it.
The only way to fix what you did is by using it to undo what you did with it before.
Install EasyBCD on your PC and use the File > Select BCD store option to point it at the BCD you broke on the HDD you removed.
You can then delete the entry that's pointing to Windows old, and add a new one pointing to the correct drive.
Don't delete Windows.old unless you have no intention of falling back.

Hello Terry,
I just followed your instructions, but nothing changed. I tried to change easyBCD setting in other PC but no luck. Same problem occurs. So, I decided to format whole partition. After doing that atleast something is changed. Now its saying "an operating system not found try disconnecting any drives" but there is the main problem is still here. I can't get access to boot menu. Please help me.

So, I decided to format whole partition
The partition containing W10 and Windows old ? !!
If so, you've nothing to boot into or boot with anymore.
Your only option in that case is to install W10 again from scratch, or W7 if you still have the original media.

Back