Funny problem...hahaha...

Okay...firstly, no offence okay? i just find this 'problem' to be quite amusing...well..also frustrating...

u seeeee...

initially, i used EasyBCD ver 1.7.2, to set up an entry for my newly installed Mac OSX (im dual-booting),when u navigate to the MAC tab, choose Generic x86 pc, typed in my crush's name (hehe), and chose the option 'auto config mac settings'..your program worked flawlessly.

but somehow, the 'auto config mac settings' button is missing, after i reinstalled both of my vista and leopard. i dont know, as i used the same installer...i really dont know what to make of this. i tested by just making an entry alone (with the auto config mac settings button missing), and of course it didnt work...

sorry..but i dont know what to make of this...hehe...
kinda funny tho..hehe...

I recently posted a possible workaround involving the triple booting of xp, ubuntu, and os x by using grub as the primary bootloader and chainloading OS X/Windows (assuming that by themselves they'll boot) with Windows/Ubuntu on one hard drive and OS X on another. The thread can be found here:

http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1935

At the moment, there is no fix for issues with EasyBCD and the loading of Mac OS X, as noted in this thread:

http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1599

Yes and as noted in your thread and now here. We have no fix for this at the moment. Nor do we have a time frame of when we might have a fix. So till then you will have to find another way to dual boot Vista/OS X. Sorry.

I haven't really used a Mac/OS X much, so out of curiosity, does EasyBCD use neogrub as means for loading Mac OS X? If not, you could probablly greatly simplify the whole situation by chainloading it and from there chainloading Darwin.

There is a compatiblity issue with getting BCD to load Darwin. That is what spawns this issue from what i know.

So then maybe it is, since you already pass control to neogrub and it loads Darwin from there... grant it its an ugly two menu proccess, but it would get the job done and no linux would need to be installed to do it. Perhaps the next EasyBCD should make a new mbr file for neogrub (seperate from any linux entry) to load OS X.

Last edited:
That would be up to Guru. But i know he is in talks with several people on how to get EasyBCD working with the Darwin loader.

Your guide and recent posts look to be very useful resources for the ordinary user. However, I'm trying to technically see what EasyBCD uses to pass control to Darwin. Is it the Vista bootloader or a mbr file using neogrub? You mentioned "Chain0" as a possible error to partitioning problems. Let me know if I am wrong, but I would think from this that neogrub is the method used to load then. Though I'm propablly already tehnically savy enough to get it working, I have a brother who well possibly be getting a Mac, so I really need to know how it works cause I well prob. do a clean install of windows/os x for him w/ Vista's bootmgr as the primary bootloader.

It well be a Macbook to be specific. Besides, there are some not so legal ways (to Apple's disgust) to get it working on a PC. Not that I am that kind of person.

Back