Get error when I first run the EasyBCD1.60/1

joonkeat

Hi,

I am getting a problem when I first start using the EasyBCd...

Once I run the programme, an error msg pop-up as below picture showed.

easybcdvb3.png

Hi joonkeat, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Does this also happen with the BETA 1.61? Did you send the report (with 1.61)?

Thanks.

OK, found the bug report.

It's indicating that there is a low-level error with your network configuration (error encountered while attempting to check for updates; but caused during the during the creation of the request, before it even left the PC).

At any rate, thanks for your bug report, future versions will no longer crash if it fails at that point. New build coming soon.

Possible (temporary) workaround until the new build:

Go to C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\

Create a new text document called "EasyBCD.exe.config" there with the following contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
            <section name="EasyBCD.My.MySettings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <userSettings>
        <EasyBCD.My.MySettings>
            <setting name="AutoUpdate" serializeAs="String">
                <value>False</value>
            </setting>
        </EasyBCD.My.MySettings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

Save it and run EasyBCD.

Lattest build (1.61 Build 21279) has the same issue on Vista.
The work around is to start EBCD with administrative privelegies (right click on EasyBCD icon and select "Run as administrator")

[EDIT]
never mind my post, I was misstaken, didn't pay attention to the error message itself..

Last edited:
Is there an EasyBCD.exe.manifest file in the C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\ directory?

Back