Getting BSoD on Windows XP Install (EasyBCD)

i am trying to install windows xp on my new hp laptop (HDX-16t) with a Western Digital 500GB SATA hard drive, and i wanna have a easybcd booting option, but i keep getting the BSoD with error code Ox000000000007b (or something) and its not letting me install xp, i read around and it says that its not reading my SATA hard drive, but i have no way of getting the drivers for it, could someone please help me with this issue, thanks

P.S. my HD is a WDC WD5000BEVT-60ZAT0 ATA Device

Cheers,
Ben.

Hi Ben,

Windows XP Setup has a problem with certain SATA controllers (like mine on the ASUS Maximus Formula).

Best option is to open the BIOS setup and look for "SATA Mode" where you can choose between "AHCI" and "IDE"

Select IDE and you should be good to go.

Hi Ben,

Windows XP Setup has a problem with certain SATA controllers (like mine on the ASUS Maximus Formula).

Best option is to open the BIOS setup and look for "SATA Mode" where you can choose between "AHCI" and "IDE"

Select IDE and you should be good to go.

Or ATA instead of IDE as it was in my case...:wink: The problem appears to be because the XP installation CD doesn't have an AHCI driver slipstreamed (with nlite or similiar) into it, and so it crashes when on the ACHI setting. I had the exact same problem when attempting to install XP on my newish Dell Studio 1535, and I solved it by switching AHCI to ATA, which allowed me to install XP, and then afterwards, I ended up having to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager on XP, in order to keep it at AHCI and still be able to boot into XP.

-Coolname007

Get the the latest driver for your controller and slipstream it into a new XP cd using nlite.

Back