getting error 1117 when using the recovery disk

bluefusu

Hey guys i really need your help! I tried recovering my asus laptop with your windows 7 recovery disk but it didnt work. The screen always freezes at 76% and i get this 1117 error. And after some time it shows a white screen with this big red error .. I took a picture maybe it helps you?!
So i really don't know what to do now and i hope that you can help me fix this. Thank you!
Foto.JPG

I don't think that's our recovery cd, neither the old nor the new version. Where did you get it from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its interesting that you say you got it from SystemDiscs, but yet the discs we offer are a Linux based recovery which look nothing like that. Let alone the fact that they do not have the Windows Vista background Image behind them. They do not have the function for ImageX built into them. So when did you buy these disks? If you bought it a long time ago, then maybe. But there is no way you got that from our page recently. We do not use the Windows based Recovery Disks anymore.

I dont know either what happened.. The recovery failed and now its just stuck in that and i can't do anything. And I swear that I bought this cd, why should I lie?! I just want to fix my computer again and I thought I could help me since I bought the cd from this page

If you were trying to restore the factory image, the best idea would be to call the PC's manufacturer.

When you booted the CD, what was the first message you saw ?
Is there a chance that you haven't got your BIOS set to boot CD before HDD, and that what you're seeing is nothing to do with the downloaded CD, but the PC's built in recovery partition trying to kick-in ?

What terry60 said Makes sense to me since the first time I tried it looked different than it does now .. But when I got an error and tried again its just stuck now and I can't do anything. Is there nothing I could do?

If you set the BIOS to boot CD before HDD, you'll be using our repair CD, but I'm not sure it will help you.
The data sets involved in your screenshot would indicate that the system is attempting to rebuild the OS from the component store (Windows\WinSxS), but fails with an I/O device error, so it's likely that your HDD is corrupted.
You might try running a chkdsk /r against the OS partition from a command prompt before trying the OEM recovery again, but unless you're very lucky, or you already used the opportunity to create portable recovery media when your PC was healthy (It probably prompted you to do so the first time you switched it on out of the box - are they sitting in a drawer somewhere ?), you'll probably need to contact the OEM support line for portable recovery disc(s) to get a factory reset working.
You should be able to use our Linux based recovery disc to rescue your user files first if you need to.
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

Ok I did what u said but it just gave me another error.. It said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" so I guess it's not working with you recovery cd.. Why not!?

In that case, it sounds like you didn't burn the ISO correctly.
Use W7 native burner or Imgburn (free download), and burn the whole ISO download as it came. Don't try to process/unzip the ISO. It isn't a zipped file, it's a straight .ISO file (even if your system is not configured properly to see it as such)

Back