Help! I cannot boot to Windows Vista.

Flow93bh

Hello.

I have Windows Vista and Mac OSx86 Leopard in my PC. I use Mac OS mostly and my family is using Windows. But I do hate Windows and PC. I don't have more money to buy iMac or MacBook Pro.

I have trouble with getting into Windows. I currently using EasyBCD 1.7.2. In this application, I set Mac OSx86 as default and change the time out from 5 seconds to 0 second. :x

I still have the copy of Windows Vista, but I don't want to reinstall it.

Thanks,
Flow93bh

Hi Flow, welcome to NST.
Could you please explain more precisely the troubles you're having booting into Vista, for instance, what kind of error message are you getting?
And I'm assuming you're using the Vista bootloader to boot into both, not Bootcamp?

How about pasting into your next post the Detailed (Debug) Mode of the View Settings section in EasyBCD, as well as any other info you think may be useful to help us figure out where the problem lies.

Jake

Thanks for the reply.

Vista is still fine, no error message, but I cannot boot it in boot menu. It automatically boot to Mac OS because I set it to default and time-out to ZERO seconds! I'm an idiot. I want to change the time-out from zero second to five second, but I cannot use EasyBCD.

Ok. So, yeah, change the timeout to something higher and you should be fine. :wink: You should find that option in the Change Settings section of EasyBCD.

Oh, right...DUH! :grinning: I can't believe I didn't realize that. If you can't get into Windows, you can't use EasyBCD.

Ok, so do you have your Vista DVD? If not, you can download our Recovery Disk from this link for the same purpose I have in mind. :wink:

Yeah. That's right. If I cannot boot Vista, I cannot use EasyBCD.

I have Windows Vista DVD. Can you tell me how to get rid of the boot menu or something?

Yeah. That's right. If I cannot boot Vista, I cannot use EasyBCD.

I have Windows Vista DVD. Can you tell me how to get rid of the boot menu or something?

Ok, so boot from your Vista DVD, get to the Command Prompt, and type in the following command:

Code:
bcdedit /set /timeout 10

That should give you enough time to select either the Vista entry, or the Mac OS X entry. :wink: Good luck, and sorry for not understanding your situation at first.

Thank you for helping me.

Okay, I'm going to try it. Later, I will tell you the result.

Edit: It works! I use this code "bcdedit /timeout 10"
Now I can get into WIndows Vista. Lol. I don't need vista. :tongueout:

Last edited:
Great! :smile: Let us know if you have any more problems.
Sorry again for being such a deuce. In my defense I can say I wasn't paying very close attention when I read your first few posts, and my mind was occupied with other things, so that is probably why it didn't dawn on me immediately that you couldn't use EasyBCD because you couldn't get into Windows...but I wont.

Cheers, and feel free to stick around. We would love to have you as part of the community.

Back