Help needed.....

oneandonlybonny

Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me....

My Acer Aspire 5920 laptop has completely messed up.... It won't load up windows. Won't load up the multiboot selection window.... I can't open it in safe mode because it doesn't load to that point.... It just goes onto a black screen with a little white hyphon at the top.... I've tried a recovery disc to no avail....

It's all because my hubby has tried updating it to windows 7 and the laptop was having none of it. It was already a bit paggered but at least it worked... Anyway before it used to always go onto a blue screen and say something about driver power state failure.... So the hubby restore it to factory settings, then updated it to windows 7. Or tried anyway....

Now i have no idea what to do.... I need to fix it cause without it i can work, and at the minute i can't afford to go out and buy another. Its past the manufacturers warranty as it ran out in july 09. We've only had it a yr and half and it's caused nothing but hassle... Does anyone know how i can try sort it??? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Back