Help Reinstating Toshiba Recovery command '0'

abnfamous

If this has been discussed before please point me in the right direction.
I have a windows 7 setup and Windows XP added as a dual boot, now I want to reset computer to factory condition but the standard command to boot into recovery partition, which previously worked for me, holding 0 on startup does nothing and computer loads up as normal.
I suspect Easybcd wiped out this command somewhere along the line.
I'm hoping there is a quick fix for this and would be most appreciative of any help.

Not EasyBCD, but XP.
When you install XP after Vista/7 it (not being forward compatible with newer Windows) will regress the existing boot process.
That happens whether it's vanilla Vista/7 or an OEM customized version.
EasyBCD restores the vanilla boot. It can't know what OEM customization might have previously existed, or have access to any of the many OEM proprietary customized bootmgr modules.
If you can list the contents of your OEM partition and any relevant looking folders inside it (called "recovery" or similar), one of our ISO/WIM experts can advise how to set up a boot option in EasyBCD to access it.

Last edited:
Similar problem

EasyBCD restores the vanilla boot. It can't know what OEM customization might have previously existed, or have access to any of the many OEM proprietary customized bootmgr modules.
If you can list the contents of your OEM partition and any relevant looking folders inside it (called "recovery" or similar), one of our ISO/WIM experts can advise how to set up a boot option in EasyBCD to access it.

I have a Toshiba I'm working on. The hard drive died, but I was able to copy the HDDRecovery partition. In the .ini files in it, I note that it refers to specifics of the old drive.

I have copied the HDDRecovery partition to the new drive, and also installed a Home edition (that I had around - cannot activate it...) of Windows 7, which is functional except for some extra drivers I haven't bothered with yet.

I would really like to restore the original software without having to buy the media.

I can access all the files on the HDDRecovery partition
HDDRContents.JPG

I cannot get this partition to boot in any way... (haven't tried yet on USB stick because I don't have a large enough one, but will in a couple of days)

Can you help??

Back