Help! Ubuntu installed but not booting!

allen9190

Hi,
I downloaded ubuntu 8.10 32 bit edition and burned it onto a disc. It worked the first time then I uninstalled it due to a few problems. The uninstalled did not work so I reformated the partition where ubuntu was installed. After that, I noticed that the windows vista boot list still had ubuntu on it, but it didn't do anything. I removed it from the list via bcdedit and now I want to reinstall ubuntu for a fresh start.

The problem is...windows is not recognizing/booting ubuntu when I restart my computer. It is installed on a separate partition "F:", vista is on "C:" and I trying almost everything. I told my BIOS to boot from cd...nothing...ran the ubuntu cd and told to "help me boot from CD" ...still nothing...The files for ubuntu are installed onto my F: drive...but can't boot it up.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!
Thanks,

Allen, welcome

Are you able to boot into Vista? If not, preform startup repair from a Vista DVD or our recovery disc. Instructions can be found here. Next you'll need to get the latest build of EasyBCD 2.0 beta, available here. Go to the manage bootloader page and have it re-install the Vista bootloader. Now, go to Add/Remove entries -> neogrub tab and uninstall neogrub if installed. On the linux tab finally add a new entry for Ubuntu.

Back