Help with Acer Laptop

Rarefreak

Okay, so my Acer Laptop doesn't work when I start it. It just takes me to a screen with two options: 1. Launch system repair. 2. Start windows normally.
Both don't work, so I used Windows Recovery Disc. But when it asks me about the keyboard country thing, and I put next, nothing happens! The laptop just stays on a blue screen.
The next thing I tried to do was alt F10 for a factory reset, but the laptop says "please wait a moment", and after an hour. nothing happens, it stays on "please wait a moment"
Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Have you enabled the BIOS option to allow factory reset ?
From memory I think it's called D2D.
Unfortunately a severe HDD problem which prevents the OS booting can also prevent the repair disc from booting too (bad MS design flaw).
If you need to salvage user files before a factory reset, Linux isn't generally bothered by the state of the Windows HDD at boot time, so you can do this
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Yes I have enabled the BIOS option to allow factory reset, but it still doesn't go past 'please wait a moment" screen. It just freezes at that screen.

Addendum:

Is there anything else I can do to fix my laptop, or do I need to get a new one?

Last edited:
Back