Hey guys ,is my Bios broken?

Thomas Berel

Repair or restore drives do not show up in bios when plugged in. Pc is stuck on start up and repair screen. All I can acess is bios and command promt. Start up and repair won't work. Command promt shows x:\windows\system32> and won't change no matter what I do. Ufixit store said I need to install a new windows installation but how is that possible if it won't show in bios. Getting to old for this.Please help, running out of ideas

If your BIOS firmware has become corrupted, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try to repair the corrupted BIOS. If your motherboard has a backup BIOS, you can boot into the backup BIOS and reflash the corrupted BIOS. If your motherboard does not have backup BIOS, you may be able to replace the BIOS chip. However, in some cases, the only option may be to replace the motherboard entirely. This wikiHow teaches you how to repair a corrupted BIOS. In My Herbalife

Thanks,

3 years ago, unfortunately, my Bios fell and I replaced the motherboard, but you can also replace the bios if it is a spare, as my colleague writes above

Back