How to add an image to the boot screen

Or grub2 if you really want to customize. Look around and you'll see some pretty neat stuff, may take a bit of work though.

Thanks Terry60 & JustinW for your replies.
I was hoping that easybcd might have a way to do this. I've been using grub for years to overwrite the xp mbr and get a cool boot splash screen but this time I'm using win 7 and don't feel comfortable doing the same thing. Thought I'd try easybcd to preserve the mbr. Thought there might be something similiar to the tweaklogon screen I use for the windows logon page for the boot splash.
I'll check out the grub for dos although when I click on your link it tells me I don't have permission...google is your friend...

Thanks again guys.
jiminid

Sorry, I was linking you to an image which was in a thread in the mod forum, hence no permission.
It was just a picture of my custom logon screen, not vital info.

Attachments

• spitsplash.jpg
    spitsplash.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sorry, I was linking you to an image which was in a thread in the mod forum, hence no permission.
It was just a picture of my custom logon screen, not vital info.

Awesome, Terry,
How did you do that?
Grubfordos?
Would love to use a personal pic for the boot screen...

:openmouth:

jiminid

Easiest way is to just install HnS that Terry linked to, then edit the image that comes with it, replacing it with your own.

That way you don't need to do any of the hard stuff yourself.

Easiest way is to just install HnS that Terry linked to, then edit the image that comes with it, replacing it with your own.

That way you don't need to do any of the hard stuff yourself.

thanks Terry & cg!
I am all about avoiding the hard stuff, also curve balls and sliders..;>)

I'll check it out. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

ps. Is 61 the most recent build for HnS?

Thanks again!

jiminid
Remember what the doormouse said...
:booyah:
The number on the back of my uniform reads "42"

Last edited:
Back