How to boot Windows XP Live CD iso ?

Catz88

I have downloaded Windows XP live CD and would like to add an entry to boot this ISO. Tried booting ISO file from the menu Neo Smart ISO entry, the loading process starts but ends with a BSOD. What can I do? How is it possible to boot Live XP iso image with EasyBCD? I have win 7 and win 10 installed currently on my pc.

It depends on the CD and the drivers that are embedded in it. There are multiple "modes" of booting from an ISO image in EasyBCD, have you tried both "from disk" and "from memory"?

How was the Windows XP Live CD created? Is it one of the existing popular distributions?

It depends on the CD and the drivers that are embedded in it. There are multiple "modes" of booting from an ISO image in EasyBCD, have you tried both "from disk" and "from memory"?

How was the Windows XP Live CD created? Is it one of the existing popular distributions?
So if the iso file is working one it should boot Windows XP right? I just need to know where is the problem, if EasyBCD can boot windows xp using Neo Smart ISO entry I will try other ХР live cd's

Live CDs based off Windows PE 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.6 (which were based off Windows XP RTM, Windows XP SP1, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, and Server 2003 SP1 respectively) may be used with EasyBCD, but you need to be sure the configuration doesn't attempt to second-guess the boot source or load custom boot disk drivers. Windows PE 2.0+ (based off of Windows Vista and above) are much more reliably supported.

You didn't say whether you tried both ISO booting modes in EasyBCD.

Live CDs based off Windows PE 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.6 (which were based off Windows XP RTM, Windows XP SP1, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, and Server 2003 SP1 respectively) may be used with EasyBCD, but you need to be sure the configuration doesn't attempt to second-guess the boot source or load custom boot disk drivers. Windows PE 2.0+ (based off of Windows Vista and above) are much more reliably supported.

Yes I tried both but without success. I have no problems booting Windows PE because it has a wim file inside and I boot using wim. windows xp doesnt have a wim file and that's a problem.

OK, just making sure.

Pedantically speaking, they're all WinPE, but WinPE 2.0 was a complete rewrite and was the first to feature the WIM-based approach.

OK, just making sure.

Pedantically speaking, they're all WinPE, but WinPE 2.0 was a complete rewrite and was the first to feature the WIM-based approach.
So I should be able to boot Live XP using Neo Smart ISO entry, right? I will try other love cd's if so to find a working one

Like I said, it depends on the boot configuration burned into the CD, including the bootloader settings and the registry disk configuration.

WinPE 1.x was never released as a product by Microsoft, there's no baseline here to say that it works by default or doesn't work by default. It can work but that is all I can say.

Can you please give a download link? Можете ли вы дать ссылку для скачивания?
Download link of XP live CD? - No I haven't found any working one yet. There are a lot of XP live CDs over the Internet you can search for...

mqudsi said:
Live CDs based off Windows PE 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.6 (which were based off Windows XP RTM, Windows XP SP1, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP SP2, and Server 2003 SP1 respectively) may be used with EasyBCD, but you need to hire essay writer to be sure the configuration doesn't attempt to second-guess the boot source or load custom boot disk drivers. Windows PE 2.0+ (based off of Windows Vista and above) are much more reliably supported.

Hello,
Did you have experience with Plop Boot Manager? I'm trying to figure out how I can compare the boot configurations and then decide which boot manager to use.

Back