?How to create one menu for Dual Boot

kalasha

i have a dual boot (Vista & XP Pro.) The hd settings are as follows:

hd0,0 - Vista
hd0,1 - XP Pro
hd0,2 - Data (shared between the two for storing data.) none of the partitions are extended. partitions 0 & 1 are hidden with the opposing is in use.

i would like one boot menu instead going through two. When i'm in XP Pro, i have the Vista partition hidden. When I'm in Vista, i have the XP Pro partition hidden - just feel safer that way. Who knows what Microsoft will do next year with their updates and stuff!

my NeoGrub is as follows:
>>>>
default 0
timeout 10

#with the first settings, no known issues, everything works fine - I am happy!)
title Windows XP Professional (Hides Vista Drive)
hide (hd0,0)
unhide (hd0,1)
chainloader (hd0,0)/ntldr
boot

#with this setting, it changes the partitions so that the the hidden partitions are swapped, then it goes back to Vista's Bootloader and presents the two options again, (Vista, NeoGrub) and i have to sit there and wait.#
title Prepares Vists Drive for use - then boots
unhide (hd0,0)
hide (hd0,1)
chainloader /bootmgr
boot
>>>>>

for the second entry where the vista partition is prepared, what would the command line be instead of "chainloader /bootmgr" to just start Vista. i have looked at other posts, and i cannot find most of the files that users are referring to. i have tried "chainloader +1", "chainloader /bootmgr", and a few more with combinations referring back to hd0,0 (the Vista partition.)

any help is appreciated.

Back