How to fix this? (Boot Error but can access both drives afterward.)

ltcolfury

I will try and be brief with this explanation/question. Thank you for taking the time to assist in advance.

Have an HP Z220, W7 Prof, installed on HDD (C:wink:, installed W7 Prof on a new drive. (Due to software conflicting with another application. Another legit OS license btw was installed.)

Windows boot did not see the other/Original drive but My Computer did. Installed EasyBCD. Added the original drive, rebooted, neither drive would boot. (Error...run Windows disc, etc, etc. Hit Enter...repeated.)

Placed Windows 7 Disc in, ran through several tutorials I found....nothing worked.

Nuked the entire BCD, literally, so I could access C: again. (Original drive.) It booted to the same error, Hit Enter, it showed the original Drive. Installed EasyBCD now on C:, rebooted....

Error again, Hit Enter, it goes to the proper Boot menu, both drives are listed now and I can access both drives no problem.But...

How can I get rid of that first error screen on startup before the Boot menu? (Where I have to hit enter to see the Boot menu?)

Thank you again for any assistance.

Check your BIOS HDD boot sequence.
It sounds like you could be trying to boot from the wrong drive and eventually end up where you wanted to be in the first place.

Check your BIOS HDD boot sequence.
It sounds like you could be trying to boot from the wrong drive and eventually end up where you wanted to be in the first place.

Thank you, I will try that and respond once I try that next week when I'm back at the facility. I assume to place the boot order in the BIOS to the main drive first (C) which is default currently and then D: (new drive.)

I checked the BIOS and everything was fine, The C: (Main) drive was default. rebuilt BCD again because lost all drives again.

Wound up disconnecting the 2nd drive....will try and get software to work on the same W7 drive. What a headache....but the error doesn't appear anymore on boot. Still not sure why this is happening.

Can you provide a screen shot of your Disk Management, and the full contents of EasyBCD "view settings" in detailed mode when the system is in the situation you describe in your OP.

Back