How to force the Linux Mint choice to go straight into Linux?

Hi everyone!

I just did a dual boot using EasyBCD. Nice software! I restored an old laptop by replacing the HDD with an SSD. Then I installed Win10 Pro and then Linux Mint. Then I used EasyBCD in Windows 10 to "manage" the boot menu and default boot up (default to Windows 10). So far so good.

My question is, when I choose to boot to Mint, I first get the default Linux multi boot screen, with the several second pause before it goes into Linux. What I want is when in the Windows boot menu and I choose "boot to Mint", it just goes right into Mint (no pause).

I saw that there is a page on the NeoSmart site with a guide for Ubuntu:

I think Mint is based on Ubuntu, but step 6 did not work. When I entered the below text into the terminal I got a "command not recognized" error message or something like that. I assume this command is trying to do what I want:

Step Six
In the terminal, type in “sudo gedit /etc/default/grub” and enter your password. In the window that opens, change “GRUB_TIMEOUT=10” to “GRUB_TIMEOUT=0” as shown, then save and exit

Does anyone have directions (or a link) to force the Linux Mint choice to go straight into Linux?

Thanks!

Back