How to get the "blue EasyBCD" screen at start-up ?

Guy77

Hello there,

I am very happy to join your community and I want to congratulate you for your very helpful software !

I have a question : I have installed EasyBCD 2.4.0.237 on my computer to boot either on a Windows 10 X64 or on a Windows 7 32bits and this works fine. My only problem is that at boot time the screen that appears is the black Windows Boot Manager and not the EasyBCD screen with the blue background...

I tried to look inside the advanced options and display options, but I was unable to find what was wrong.
I have anoher computer with EasyBCD installed running two Windows 10 and the boot menu is the right one.

Could you please help me on this?

Tks.
Guy.

Tick the "Use Metro" box on the Edit Boot Menu tab
(It's what MS called it till someone claimed prior rights to the name)

Hello Terry60,

Thank you for your reply.
I had seen this line but as I didn't know what it could be I never tried to tick it...

I did, but infortunately I still have the black Windows Boot Manager. I hit save, made a reboot, a PWR off, but nothing seems to make it work.

Any other advise?

Guy.

Attachments

• Capture 02.JPG
    Capture 02.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
It's not EasyBCD's menu btw.
EasyBCD is not a boot manager replacement, it's a tool for managing MS bootmgr's BCD store.
Everything you see when you boot is MS code, whichever version of the menu appears.
The only reason I know that causes the command-line version to appear regardless is defaulting to W7 or earlier in the boot choice.
Your screenshot rules that out as a reason, so I have no other idea why you're not seeing your preferred menu.
I've only just switched default to W10 from W7 in the last couple of weeks, so I've been used to the black screen for many many years and continued with it until last week.
I ticked metro myself only last week as a test after a similar recent post to your own and it happily swapped to the blue GUI.
From what I remember the author mentioned many years ago that the metro switch is not just a simple binary choice of two display paths in the bootmgr code, but is quite complex involving many different modules of boot code.
Only he would understand what might cause ticking that box to be ignored, so keep monitoring this thread for when he next appears. He will probably have something more to suggest.
I actually prefer the command line menu - it's more suited to repeated tapping of the down arrow with a very short timeout, as I have my PC configured.
Next time I have a reason to open EasyBCD, I'll probably switch back.

Thank you for your detailed reply Terry, it makes sense to me (even if at the end of the day we still don't know what, eventually, triggers the choice for one GUI or the other...).

I will follow your advice and don't try to look obstinately for a Blue menu while the black default MS one works fine.

I will also keep an eye to this thread from time to time in case there is an update.

Tks again for your time and enjoy a safe and happy year-end celebration.

Guy.

Back