how to make system image including Win 7, XP and arbitrary folder

grizli

I have 3 OS - Win 7 x64, Win XPx86 and OpenSuse 11.2. I want to create a system image to can recovery my system if some OS failure. I don't use OpenSuse often enough and I am new in Linux and I want system image for Win 7, XP and arbitrary folder. I have Acronis Backup & Recovery Workstation but there is no option to include arbitrary folder - only whole drives. Win 7x64 is on drive "C", XP is on drive "F" and the arbitrary folder is on drive "D". I want to save the system image on drive "E" or "D". How should I proceed?

Addendum:

I do not mind to turn on and OpenSuse 11.2 in the system image. But now actually I have no access to Suse, because it is not the last installed.

Last edited:
Make two different backup jobs. Create a backup job for the disks, and a separate files-only backup job for the folder.

Make two different backup jobs. Create a backup job for the disks, and a separate files-only backup job for the folder.

How to make backup for the folder?
I tried to attach a jpg file to show what I do, but: "name.jpg:
This is not a valid image file. " In Windows 7 I go to backup and restore->create a system image and I can choose only between drives "E" and "F" for place to save the backup. F is not a good idea. In this drive is XP. When I choose "next" the selected drives are "C" and "D". I didn't choose drives or folders to be included in backup.

I don't know, I don't have Acronis backup and recovery. The correct place to ask would be the Acronis support forums, this question really has nothing to do with EasyBCD.

I don't know, I don't have Acronis backup and recovery. The correct place to ask would be the Acronis support forums, this question really has nothing to do with EasyBCD.
I speak about backup and restore function in Win 7. I couldn't attach pictures that's way you didn't understand me. Now I'm creating an image of the specified folder - first I didn't know how, but i understood.

Last edited:
In the folder backup job, simply select drive D:. This is because drive D:\ is the folder of files you want to backup. So basically its the same process as job 1 where you selected the drives of each OS to include in the backup, except you just select drive D:.

Typically Acronis provides two backup options. Either a partition/drive image, or a file image. Select the file backup option if you'd rather backup a folder of files on drive D:, and not drive D: in its entirety.

You'll want to store both the images on a separate drive from the OS drives and the D: drive containing your files. It should actually be stored on a separate physical disk all together, in case your primary hard drive fails.

How can I receive access to OpenSuse 11.2. What do i have to do? When i installed it i chose: "install grub to MBR", if it matters.

Back