How to remove the dual boot?

Dr Gonzo

Hi everybody!

I've used for several months a dual boot XP/Seven with the two systems in two different partitions.
Now I would like to remove Windows Xp from my computer, keep Seven and join the two partitions. For that I need to completely remove the dual boot.

I've searched in the forum, but I couldn't find a guide to do it. Could you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member

Dr Gonzo

Hi Terry.

Thank you for replying.
I've followed the instructions: Xp wasn't marked "system", so I've simply formatted the disk.

But now, on startup, I still see the "boot screen" (where I can choose between the two operating systems). How can I remove it?

Thank you.

acuevas

Hi...

You need to type "msconfig" in the "Run" option...

Then you will see a window with several tabs and one of them (I think the second one) have all the operating system's options and there you can delete the OS.

I hope It helps you...

See ya.

Dr Gonzo

Thank you for your suggestion, but I've already removed Xp. When I do what you suggest, I only see seven as operating system.

My problem is that I still see the screen when I boot my computer, where I have to choose between Xp or Seven. Can I remove it?

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
In EasyBCD 2.0 "edit boot menu", delete the XP entry.
If you still get a menu, tick the "suppress boot menu" box (or whatever it's called)