How-to: triboot with BootIT NG (BING)

Did this how-to work?

• Yes, it worked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It left my system completely unbootable, resulted in data loss, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've recently installed BootIT NG on a new partition on my main HDD that is the home to my XP and Vista. The XP and Vista were installed first (dual boot works great without BootIT NG) and Bootit NG was installed on a new partition mainly because I was planning on installing a third OS on a different partition.

Problem is, I cannot get the BootIT to show the option to choose either xp or vista. I also have Ubuntu installed on a different HDD and this does not show up either. I am wondering if my problem is due to Bootit not being installed on the very first partition of the HDD?

I would love to get this work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Addendum:

Problem fixed. I reinstalled BootIT on a new partition via the wizard instead of using the manual install option and it's working perfectly now. Great program. Now I will install vista64 on a new partition. :grinning:

Last edited:
I've recently installed BootIT NG on a new partition on my main HDD that is the home to my XP and Vista. The XP and Vista were installed first (dual boot works great without BootIT NG) and Bootit NG was installed on a new partition mainly because I was planning on installing a third OS on a different partition.

Problem is, I cannot get the BootIT to show the option to choose either xp or vista. I also have Ubuntu installed on a different HDD and this does not show up either. I am wondering if my problem is due to Bootit not being installed on the very first partition of the HDD?

I would love to get this work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Addendum:

Problem fixed. I reinstalled BootIT on a new partition via the wizard instead of using the manual install option and it's working perfectly now. Great program. Now I will install vista64 on a new partition. :grinning:

Glad you got it to work. :smile: But for future reference, to add boot items to the BING boot menu, you will need to use Boot Edit on the BING desktop...and then you simply need to select the correct partition to boot from in the drop-down menu, and in the MBR Details, you can add any partitions you want (up to 3 {not counting the boot partition} for a single entry...) to show up in the OS. :grinning: Piece of cake.

And in case you want to hide Vista from XP (since XP overwrites Vista's system restores), then you will only need to have (if you chose not to Limit Primaries) the Vista partition not present for that boot item...and if you did limit primaries, then you can simply choose the Hide option in Boot Edit for that particular entry to hide Vista from XP. :wink:

And just FYI, when you don't limit primaries, BING's MPT (Master Partition Table) can hold more than 200 primary partitions! :brows:

If you have any more questions, then please ask, and I will do my best to help.

Cheers.

-Coolname007

Addendum:

Oh, and welcome to NST. :smile:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
Back