How To Turn Off Google Chrome's Pop-Up Blocker

Ex_Brit

Staff member
I just discovered this gem. I didn't know about this one, maybe you guys did.
Credit to Mohammed Mansour for this hint for those of you using Google's Chrome browser and who have no idea how to turn off the pop-up blocker. (Officially you can't).
The shortcut on your desktop that is used to start the Google Browser (Chrome) will point at 'chrome.exe' on your hard disk.You need to edit the shortcut to add the command line parameters (right click on the shortcut and left click on properties, the 'Shortcut tab' has a field called 'target' that's what you need to amend so the last part reads -disable-popup-blocking) depending on your set up it may look like this
"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application ata\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-popup-blocking

Wow, how wierd. Chrome actually stores itself in the user's AppData folder?...
I think its a good move with popup blocker by google. Too many users tinker with the settings and than complain later when they get popups. There should be a way to overwrite it as needed though, like what you can do with CTRL+ALT clicking on a link in IE with popup blocker set on high to allow a popup you do want to have open.

Back