How to Uninstall EasyBCD from windows 10?

nikitas

Well, I think the title is pretty clear, I don't need to add something more...
Please help.
I want to be able to put my PC in sleep. And I'm convinced that EasyBCD is the reason I can't.

You uninstall EasyBCD the same as any other software programme. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall it.
Sleep issues are not usual with this software however, more likely your network adapter needs to allow sleep in Win10's Advanced Power Settings.

Thanks for the tip. I change that option but still my PC wont go to sleep.
Also, there is no EasyBCD on the list of Programs and Features.
I had install it many years ago with windows 7 and Ubuntu.
Now I have uninstall Ubuntu and I have upgraded first to windows 8 and 8.1 and now to windows 10.
EasyBCD have vanished, I cant even find it with windows search.
I was thinking maybe if I install it again and then Uninstall it. But I don't want to mess with my PC's BIOS.
Should I try that? Sounds dangerous to anyone else?

Thanks again, Ex_Brit

I would say that's your best option. It doesn't mess with the BIOS, simply reads Windows boot config files and presents them in a different form.
No point in going through that though if you don't multi-boot, except perhaps that, as you suggest, the uninstaller may remove previous traces.
In Win 10 you'll need EasyBCD 2.3 which is the one here: EasyBCD

ok, I fixed it. Thanx for your help.
My webcam and the internet adapter was the reason it couldn't sleep.
Also I install BCD and I selected "skip boot menu".
So, now everything work nice, as a clock :tongueout:

I had a sleep issue with my Logitech keyboard - wouldn't sleep if it was plugged into the USB port and charging....how strange.
Glad you are OK.

Under Win10 Apps and Features there is no mention of EasyBCD, and there in no EasyBCD uninstall link, so how do I uninstall EAsyBCD?

It isn't an App. It's a Program. Click the Windows key and type in Programs, from the menu above click Programs and Features. It should be listed there for the purpose you mention.

Win 10 doesn't have programs - just apps.
I did what you suggested and got the results you see on the attached. I then clicked on the top choice and got the same as the second choice - Apps and features with no EasyBCD listed. So - how do I uninstall EasyBCD?

Attachments

• EasyBCD.jpg
    EasyBCD.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 2
Are you logged in as an Administrator?
What happens when you type in Control Panel? Programs and Features should be listed there.
Or do it the harder way.
Type in EasyBCD.exe and go to the Programs folder. The uninstaller is right there.

Yes I used a user account with administrator privileges. I typed EasyBCE.exe and got a can't find it message. I found the NeoSmart folder under programs, but it was empty. So - I guess it is already uninstalled.

Thanks.

Back