HP laptop won't boot up

KrZyAce

First of all I'd like to say thank you for reading this I am at wits end trying to fix my laptop and feel like I've run out of options. So again thank you. Here's my problem:

I have an HP dv7-1023cl 64 bit entertainment laptop that runs the Windows VIsta OS. Now I'm not sure how this happened because its a family members laptop and I have no idea what they did, but I do know that the laptop won't boot up. Now I downloaded the Vista 64 bit recovery disk using Imgbrn and followed the instructions all the way up until the startup repair page. This is where my problem starts. After clicking the startup repair the computer stated that it could not detect a problem.

I've read that I should use the command prompt from Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki but I can't seem to get the cmd pmt to work. I typed in bootrec.exe /fixmbr and it tells me that the operation was completed successfully, but from there I get lost. I can't replace the X as instructed and instead I keep getting the X:\Sources>

How do I change the X to my D drive where the vista recovery disk is? Do I need to download something else to fix my laptop and if so what? I've read on a couple of other threads that I need to use EasyBCD, but what do I need to use from it?

If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Usually C: is the hard desk and D: is the CD-ROM. If you type in D: and press enter and you’re at the D drive you can type dir for directory. You should see I believe it is two folders.

As far as Easy BCD goes it is a boot loader program that installs in Windows. You have to get a Windows up and running before you can install it and its function is to boot two or more operating systems. It in of itself is not what you need for repairing a Windows Vista installation.

Below are links to the manufactures website and how to possibly order the HP recovery disks:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3754333

HP Recovery Disks
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...34&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3754333

One thought is that you may need the 32 bit version of the Windows Vista recovery disk.

RE:

Usually C: drive and the desktop D: CD-ROM. If you type D: and press Enter and the game on drive D, you can go directly to the target. You'll see that I think both discs.

Easy BCD ve installed many a program for Windows bootloader.You must be running Windows already installed and its function is,two or more operating systems of the ship. That in itself is not whatyou need to restore an installation of Windows Vista.

Back