I don't know how to make a bootable cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid my $10 for Vista recovery iso, went to email, downloaded from link and got EasyRE file. I don't get how to use it it to make a recovery boot disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to make a ssd drive inot a boot usb drive.

That is the file that we distribute. We do not distribute the actual copies of Windows to anyone. That is illegal. The file you downloaded is in ISO format. You burn that and use that to repair your PC.

well downloading this didn't help me at all (or do what it said it would do), i ended up just downloading the windows 8 release preview. how can i get my money back?

So you download Windows 8, which is an ISO, the same file format and you have no complaints but when it comes to this you do? That makes no sense at all. If you read the site at all, you would know that the media provided doesnt allow for reinstalls.

These discs do not contain setup files, and cannot be used to install Windows.

Stated right on the main page. So I dont know what you were expecting, but no where does it say you will get that version of Windows that you download. All it says is the CD will help you fix issues associated with that product, it does not say that it is a Windows or Microsoft based product. A little research before you jump to conclusions or talk bad about a product would have helped. We have hid nothing, you failed to read the site properly. Enjoy your copy of Windows 8 while it lasts. It will expire on Jan 15,2013 @ 7:59PM. I hope you come up with a solution before then. As it wont boot at that time. Not to mention, it is only the Release Preview not the final build.

Like I said, never got an ISO file, was never able to create a bootable CD like it says on the main page.Never saw where it says I can't install Windows. Don't appreciate the *****yness of this company. Take a customer service 101 class at your local preschool.

We are not "customer servants".
Any help you get here comes from other users, just like yourself, except that they're prepared to help complete strangers in their spare time for no reward save the occasional "thank you", and suffer the rudeness of the ungrateful minority for their pains.

Like I said, never got an ISO file, was never able to create a bootable CD like it says on the main page.Never saw where it says I can't install Windows. Don't appreciate the *****yness of this company. Take a customer service 101 class at your local preschool.

I am a user who doesnt get paid and has to deal with rude people like you. We only distribute ISO files, the line I quoted, right from the systemdiscs.com website.

118nc7a.jpg

So tell me again how you were not notified of the ability not to install Windows again? Oh thats right, your failure to read the entire site is somehow our fault. You failed to read the entire page and only say Windows Recovery thinking you can reinstall with it instead of doing what is that term again....research first.

Maybe you could have turned on file types for known files within Windows to confirm that it wasnt an ISO? Better yet make sure that you dont have ISO files associated with WinRAR or another archive program. That would help. All part of Computer 101 classes every where.

It is called respect. You get what you give. You disrespect us, you get disrespected yourself. Treat people how you want to be treated. It is a 2 way street.

You paid for a file, you got it. If you read the entire page properly, you will see this line:

SystemDiscs.com is a subdivision of NeoSmart Technologies

It is not us who are in charge of the tech support for that site. We are not the tech team for that site. If you read it fully,

Tech Support

If you're having problems downloading your recovery CD, the following links should prove helpful:

Repairing the Bootloader: A guide to booting into and using the Windows repair CDs, with instructions on how to repair many problems.
Free Download Manager: Use this if you're experiencing problems with incomplete downloads, download timeouts, or download corruption.
Guide to burning CDs: Follow the instructions here to convert the ISO image you download from here into a bootable CD that can be used to repair your PC.
If you're still having problems downloading, burning, or booting, you should send an email to support@systemdiscs.com.

No where does it say or link to the NeoSmart Forums for assistance. We do this cause we want to help others. But for people like you, it takes all the joy out of it and makes us wonder why we give up our time to help others only to get treated like garbage when we are not the ones getting paid for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back