"I don't wanna wake up" or Troubles on the horizon?

BrickBoxer

Hi guys,
How's it going? After my computer's HD died, I replaced it and it's been working great. THough after a bit I've been getting blue screens. Initially this started to happen because when reinstalling things, there were some things that just needed a reinstall or a removal. For a while things were fine, but recently, almost every other day, when I wake up, my computer does not. It has the green power light on, but my colour changing mouse does not look like it's activated, and it is unresponsive. I do a hard reset and once windows starts up, it says it has recovered from an error or some sort. I don't understand it, this only really happens in the night (except for one time it was in the afternoon while browsing)

Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this? I'm not ready to replace my HD again. :frowning:

I have blue screen view, but I'm not sure how to save and attach the dumps.

Thanks in advance.

Upload the dump files to a service like SendSpace or SkyDrive. Then just post up the link for one of us to take a look at the dump files.

Just to be sure, you have it setup so that the system doesnt go into hibernation do you? Have you tried to just press the power button once real quick to see if it will wake up instead of holding it to power it down?

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.
If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article How to Fix BlueScreen (STOP) Errors that Cause Windows to Shut Down or Restart Unexpectedly.
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
0x99
The current thread attempted to free pool with an invalid address.
(This code can also indicate corruption in the pool header.)

Cause

An invalid pool request has been made by the current thread.
Resolution

Activate Driver Verifier to obtain more information about these errors. For details, see the Driver Verifier section of the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

So basically what i am seeing is this. You have a driver that is not verified by Microsoft and it is causing you all sorts of troubles. From this Bad Pool Caller to a Driver Power State Failure. I would go through all of your drivers and update them. Check the manufacturer's website for updated drivers.

Last edited:
Thanks, what's the most efficient way of checking for outdated drivers? I'm going through device manager now and selecting "update driver", even though some are from 2006 it keeps saying these are up to date.

Some drivers may not have updates, even though their driver is from 06. It all comes down to the manufacturer if they release a new driver. Doing it by the method you are may not work. Cause those drivers may not be found through Windows. Which is why i suggested going to the PC Manufacturer's website. They would have more information.

If you dont have Windows Update set to check for updates for all products and as many drivers as possible, then using the Device Manager will not net you any results.

There are some programs out there as well. Such as Driver Detective. I am not sure how good they are. I have stayed away from them for such a long time and done it manually. But i am installing this now to give it s test run.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the lack of response. Things have been busy and I haven't been able to go driver checking, but I did notice something weird.

For the past couple of days my computer has been fine. I always leave a song on newgrounds.com playing on an infinite loop; this seems not to fully put the computer in a deep sleep, so upon waking up, my computer is fine. It's been fine for a while. The reason I posted that was I was wondering if this information helps narrow down what type of drivers could be affected?

Again, thanks for the info, I'll try your suggestions when able. :smile:

Thanks for the link, I have a question though, will this work for Vista? I just realized I never said the make and model of my PC, apologies.

Back