i h8 vista help please?

Xiodow

my wifes laptop is haveing a few problems witht he os and i cant fix it with my little bit of knolage of vista. basicaly it gets past the bios then it comes up sayinf start windows normaly or use startup repair, startup repair is about as usefull as a chocolate kettle and obviously starting normaly dont work ive taped f8 and tryed safe mode and all the other things that come up with that and nothing is working, so i cant even get to sighning in in normal, safe mode or ny thing else system restore dont eeven work. unfortunatly we dont have a vista disc so i cant reboot it.

can some one please help me with this???????

if it helps the problem details are as follows

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
Problem Signature03: 6
Problem Signature04: 917517
Problem Signature05: NoRootCause
Problem Signature06: NoRootCause
Problem Signature07: 0
Problem Signature08: 2
Problem Signature09: WrpReapir
Problem Signature10: 267
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 10033

i know a thread has been started on this allready but it was no help to me and my problem is slightly different and a fresh thread allways gets more responces lol

You can download the recovery section of a Vista DVD from here. Pick the appropriate 32bit (x86) or 64bit version depending on which system you have installed, and follow the instructions on how to download torrents, then get yourself a free copy of Imgburn and use it to burn the ISO image to a CD.
Then follow the instructions here to repair your Vista boot process.

Addendum:

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic in different threads and forums.
We see all posts, wherever they are. You won't be seen any sooner by putting the post in several places.
It just makes the queue of posts to check even longer, and slows down the response.

Last edited:
Back