I Have An Idea...

ametur_poet

Distinguished Member
This post is continuing from this thread: http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8429#post8429

I thought of something; I may not have an MBR problem on my computer. I think I might have an actual BIOS virus. I need to know where I can download BIOS files for toshiba satellite computers; and how to activate BIOS from a flash drive on startup, so I can re-install it. I know this is extremely risky, but I'm getting desperate. If someone can provide me with this information, it would be great. Thanks.

-ametur_poet

There is no such thing as a BIOS virus.

And you have to have an MBR for your hard drive to even be seen.

Really? I was asking some other people who knew computers well, and I asked them what they think the problem was. They suggested that it could be a BIOS virus. So, either they didn't know what they were talking about, or they were playing a joke on me. Wow, I feel like an idiot. :shame:

There is not BIOS VIrus but there are boot sector viruses. Which is most likely what you ahve. Need to use a applicaiton like Avast which does a scan of your system before anything boots which could help root out this problem. But since you dont even have a working OS selector a format of the drive and a re-install of a OS would get rid of this issue.

Back