I need a program to turn off my PC

Sarge

Distinguished Member
Hello people.

I need some little program that can turn off my PC after my download is done, or some other task that doesn't do something very important. The program would tell the computer to turn off in an hour, two...

If possible, free solution would be welcome.

Anyone saw anything like this?:smile:

c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t *
to start it, * is the number of seconds to shut down after.

c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -a
to abort it.

just make 2 batch files with those commands, you don't really need another program.

I admit I don't use it any more since I installed Vista. I just used Opera Download manager till I got broadband and now everything's so fast I don't need one at all, but when a download manager was an essential part of my system I used Fresh Download, which has a "shutdown" button. If pushed, it will shut down the system when the download has completed.

Last edited:
Free Download Manager has an option to shut off or hibernate or log off your PC when it's done downloading - give it a try?

Yeah! I remember! FDM had that option! :happy: Ahhh... I think I'll be using that one, after 1.0 site was down for some time, I thought the project died. I really think its one amazing download manager.

another program u might want to try is Imgburn. Theres an option to shut down computer after burning image.

I just saw this too. utorrent has a bunch of options for shutdown after download, it has reboot hibernate and some more options

Hello people.

I need some little program that can turn off my PC after my download is done, or some other task that doesn't do something very important. The program would tell the computer to turn off in an hour, two...

If possible, free solution would be welcome.

Anyone saw anything like this?:smile:

use shutdown xpert (http://www.download.com/Shutdown-Xpert/3000-2344_4-10782136.html)
or
click here to download directly
it is the best

features:
free
u can even reboot ur computer
small and easy to use interface
specifiy time after which u want it to shutdown your computer
option to forcefully shutdown ur computer
etc
small and is easy on your hard disk bcoz its small (1.03 MB)

Back