IE7 on Vista vs Yahoo Messenger problem

VACHACH

hi guys.
i'm having trouble with my yahoo messenger. i can't see the messages that others are sending 2 me. it is totally blank. and when u open the IM, a window with the following message is coming out:

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occured in the script on this page.

Line: 32
Char: 1
Error: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Program Files/Yahoo!/Messenger/TMPIMV1.tmp

Do you want to continue running script on this page?
---------
After answering yes/no or simply closing it, the same window comes out for about 5-6 times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes after closing the IM window i receive the following message as well:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call
-------------------------
After this Yahoo Messenger stops working.

I uninstalled and then installed Messenger once more. But still the problem is present.
Don't know what to do now?

IE7 always has problems, like while using it, it suddenly restarts itself.
if i close the IE window, windows gives message like:
Internet Explorer stopped working. Windows is checking for solutions.
and then it restarts again.

i already have Mozilla Firefox and Opera installed on my pc as well. but the problem is that, they don't display some of the thing on the pages i visit well. only IE displays them well.

thanks!

Have you tried using Windows Live MEssenger? It can connect with Yahoo Messenger as well. I think it is jsut a bug with the Yahoo Messenger as that hasnt worked right on Vista for a while now.

As for you IE thing. That could one of many issues. First i would sya try to uninstall it and reinstall IE7 in Vista but i dont htink you can do that anymore. I would say your best option would be to sue the IE Tab in Firefox to view the pages.

Sadly the way the page is viewed in Opera is the way the page is coded. Opera is the first Windows browser to pass the Acid2 WEb standards test. Sites that dont look right in Opera is only cause they are specifically coded for IE. So the IE Tab might be your only way to go.

The issue could be becuase of a update from Windows or it could be 3rd party applicaiton related.

How about upgrading to the latest Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista?
Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista

i've downloaded this version as well. it never signs in. i've been waiting for 15 minutes so far. the ordinary version of 8.1 signs in straight away!

i have windows live messenger. but as far as i know u can only log in with msn account, and then talk 2 ur buddies from yahoo msgr as well. but i mostly use yahoo msgr rather than windows live msgr. and all of my friends know my yahoo id.

Well, the scripting error you get in your first post is probably related to the IE7 problem you're also experiencing.

What add-ons do you have enabled in IE7? (Tools | Options | Programs | Manage Add-ons)

i used 2 have google/yahoo/mail.ru toolbars enabled. but i removed them all.
finally managed 2 sort out the problem with yahoo msgr. uninstalled and installed the macromedia flash player. it was caused by this. i think the same thing is causing the problem with IE7 as well.

but still couldn't sign into the yahoo msgr 4 vista. don't know what the problem is.
thx!

Well, that's a beta product and it's known to have many issues - I couldn't use it for more than a day or two myself.

Glad you got rid of those bugs though, that's good news :smile:

i
but still couldn't sign into the yahoo msgr 4 vista. don't know what the problem is.
thx!

If its an emergency, you have yahoo messenger online, when you sign in at your email account.

Try signing in at meebo - online web IM for AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk messengers , if you can sign in there, we are sure that the problem is on your computer and not with your yahoo account.

Try signing trough some other program like Trillian: Downloads | Trillian-Messenger.net

Something has to work. :smile:

Pidgin is also another alternative. I know that Trillian an dPidgin will work nicely with the Yahoo Messenger as i have plenty of people contact me when i use them.

Last edited:
Back